Sunday 7 July 2013

Day 1/2 - Registration at KPJAYI

After a day of sleeping at random times, walking around, finding the Shala and places to eat, I had an appointment at 4:45 pm to register at the Shala.

Required Items:
40,000 Rps (I brought extra rupees so I could register for Sanskrit and Philosophy classes as well...they cost extra)
1 copy of my passport and visa pages
Email conformation from KPJAYI
1 extra passport photo

I went to the Shala and was told to return on Sunday at 4:30 pm to register. After a day of sightseeing at the Mysore Palace, the market and the Chamundeshwari Temple I returned at 4:30 pm to register... except the gate guard wouldn't let me in. I called KPJAYI and they told me to come back tomorrow (Monday) to register. Monday is a moon day, so I'm not sure how that will work. I think my beginner's luck is running out. The girl who stays across the hall from me says that Saraswathi checks who has confirmation and who had registered. I went ahead and emailed Saraswathi as well as the KPJAYI secretary who gave me my last two appointments. Fingers crossed...I don't think this is normal.

On a good note...I got my bag delivered all the way from BLR airport and bubble wrapped! 

No comments:

Post a Comment