Friday 12 July 2013

Week 1 Led Practice

I had my led practice today. Saraswathi has her led practices on Saturday and takes Sunday off. Sharath was walking around helping as well. There's about 50 students total, so between Saraswathi, Sharath and her two assistants we definitely get plenty of help. I also have to say that the weather has been spectacular...not too hot or too cold and a nice breeze. It may shower during the night, but the sun shines during the day. With the Shala being in "low season" since Sharath isn't teaching, this is an awesome time to come...and you get assists from him anyways. Below are a few differences I've noticed:

-Saraswathi calls Dandasana "Paschimottanasana A"
-Urdhva Danurasana was only held for 5 breaths per repitition instead of 10.
-Of course, we got the playful 6 or 7 Navasanas and a seriously long Sirsasana and Uplitihi...just for fun.

Personally, I find the led practices a little less challenging. When I'm in Mysore, I'm able to take the time to work my body into the poses, where in a led practice I really don't have the time. But, practice and all is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment